Meet the Professional – Q&A
Welcome to the latest edition of – MEET THE PROFESSIONAL with Diptesh Patel. He’s the cheeky chappy behind the counter at Diptesh Confectioners who, as well as stocking most of the local offices’ supply cupboards with a whole host of (non)-alcoholic treats, is always ready with a joke or a bit of cockney rhyming slang.
Here he answers our questions, tongue firmly in cheek.
- What are the main things you do in your role?
Talk to customers and take money
- What are the first three things you do when you get to the work?
Open the door, go in and think why am I here?
- How did you get your start in your career?
- What is your favourite thing about what you do?
Networking with other local businesses
- What is your least favourite thing about what you do?
Not charging enough
- Where do you work: rented space, serviced office, owned office, co-working space etc.?
I rent a retail space on Leonard Street.
- How important is your work environment to you?
Good environment creates good work
- If you weren’t doing this job, what would you be doing?
- What piece of advice would you give to someone starting in the business?
Only start something you’re interested in and give your heart to it
- Did you have a mentor?
- Is there a motto or quote that you live by?
Be nice to all, be fair to your customers.
- What keeps you awake at night?
Can’t tell you, that’s rude 😉
- Chocolate or Cheese?